Jan 26, 2011

This Is No Thomas Bros Flic

Here is what I came up with.  Like I said before this is a very amateur video.  The song name is Hello and it's by Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette.  And no, I do not think any of you are cute.  I wanted to pick a semi sketch song but with a catchy flow.  The hardest part was finding a song to use.   It was deff harder to put a short flic together than I thought.  Let's just say I'll leave the big production video for the Thomas Bros.

Not much else to say except I want to get better at taking video because I really like it.  Something new to go along with photos.  Once we get some good waves it will be interesting to see.



Rip it to pieces

Washout January 2011 from MikeC on Vimeo.



MikeC

6 comments:

Post a Comment
  1. Cool video! Its always good to do something different every once in a while. Im sure the more videos you make and the more familiar you become with the editing software the easier it will be. Personally any video of people surfing your home break is cool to me. The stuff you and the Thomas bros are putting together is great for folly Keep them comin.

  2. Thanks Tuck. For sure I have a lot to learn about video and my forte will probably always be still photography. Figured the blog needed something new and I know everyone likes video. I didn't have many clips to work worth nor were the waves the best so I'm excited what video will look like on my setup with a better swell.

  3. Yea man, its gonna be better when theres better surf and some more guys out. I know its nice to mix it up. I agree with Tuck, any video of Folly from 2 days ago is cool.

  4. I thought it was great considering it was just from one day. The camera seems to shoot decent video.
    -Maynard

  5. Not bad, I'm sure you'll get better. Got an icecream headache just watching, though. Damn that looks cold.

  6. Thanks for the comments everyone. I tend to shoot video when the weather is foggy or super cloudy when I can't get a fast enough shutter speed for still photography. Next time I am going to shoot some video during nice weather conditions and see how the video comes out.

Post a Comment